If you’re living in a low-water area, or if you’re just tired of the constant lawn maintenance that you have to do, you’re in good company. Many homeowners are starting to save water, time, and even their health by switching from real grass to top quality artificial grass Adelaide. Artificial grass for landscaping and recreation is growing around ten to fifteen per cent each year here in Australia. That means more and more people have come to notice the extreme benefits brought by artificial lawn. With that said, this article will serve as a quick guide to help you switch and choose the best artificial turf.
What Exactly is Artificial Grass?
Artificial grass, synthetic grass, fake turf, or whatever you may call it, consists of filaments that are threaded into a backing that lets water through. The backing is then laid onto a drainage layer that’s commonly gravel. It’s then fastened along the perimeter of where it’s going to be installed. It’s then filled with recycled crumb rubber or sand to keep it from blowing away during strong winds. Essentially, artificial grass resembles that of real grass. The only difference is that it’s fake; thus, doesn’t require any care or maintenance.
What’s It for?
Many Aussie homeowners are picking up artificial turf for a variety of purposes. Most of their reasons include the following:
- For their lawn
- For their pets
- For a safe and eco-friendlier play area for kids.
- For rooftops
- For putting some green accents inside and outside the house
- For decorative purposes; you can place it in your patio, veranda, or even your living room.
Is the Top Quality Artificial Grass Adelaide the Right One for You?
Switching to artificial grass is right for you if:
- You are sick and tired of weeding, watering, cutting, and fertilising real grass.
- Your summer water bills are increasing each month.
- You’re not a fan of using chemical fertilisers and herbicides.
- You genuinely believe that artificial grass looks as good as real grass – maybe even better.
How Much Does It Cost?
A standard artificial turf comes with a starting price of around $5 to $25 per square foot. Once you’ve installed it on your lawn or home, it can potentially last up until the next 10 to 15 years. That means by switching to artificial grass; you can save up to years on chemical fertilisers and lawn maintenance equipment.
So what are you waiting for? Switch to top quality artificial grass Adelaide today! Click here for more information.